Metal roofs are becoming increasingly popular. Once only seen on barns and commercial buildings, metal roofing was installed on 750,000 American homes in 2015, and that number continues to grow. Metal roofing offers a host of advantages, not the least of which is that this roof, properly installed, will be that last roof you'll ever have to purchase. However, durability is just one of many good reasons to choose a metal roof. Here are some other benefits of choosing metal material for your next roof replacement.
1. Aesthetics. Metal roofing is one of the most attractive types of roofing available. It offers a shiny, sleek, clean look that coordinates with almost any design or architectural style. Metal roofing also enhances your home's curb appeal and makes it more appealing when guests and visitors come to call.
2. Easy maintenance and repairs. This type of roofing requires very little maintenance in order to keep it looking like new. Plus, if it does get damaged in a storm or by a falling limb, roof repairs are easy. Most roof repair services companies can have a new section in place to replace the damaged piece in just a few hours.
3. Durability. Perhaps the best reason to choose a metal roof is that this type of roofing can last a lifetime. Many manufacturers of metal roofing offer a 30- to 50-year warranty. This durability can also help your home's resale value when it comes time to put your home on the market. Potential home buyers will appreciate the fact that they won't have to worry about replacing the roof on their new home.
4. Versatility. Metal roofing adapts to most any type of design taste. It comes in a rainbow of colors and textures. You can get everything from vibrant red and orange to more subdued green and gray.
5. Energy-efficiency. Metal roofing reflects the sun's UV rays, rather than absorbing them like asphalt shingles and many other types of roofing do. This means the top of your house will stay cooler and not require as much energy to cool those upper spaces. This not only saves you money on your utility bills but also helps to reduce your household's carbon footprint.
While a metal roof may not be the right choice for every homeowner, nearly 14% of American households have opted for this type of roofing. It's easy to see why. Metal roofing is durable, attractive, and easy to keep looking like new. If it's time for a roof replacement, contact local roofing contractors.